Whew! Birthdays are exhausting! We all had a good time, though. The highlight for me was seeing Chris at a videoteleconference and then coming home to a bouquet of gorgeous flowers that he sent. What a sweet surprise! It was a sweet surprise to get to see Chris on Nicholas' birthday, too. We're so lucky that it happened that way. He's doing fine...busy and pretty skinny but otherwise okay.
We talked to many of you today and last night. Thanks for wishing our little man a happy birthday. He was really happy and good all day long. He wore his little army uniform on post, which drew a lot of attention. He also got a haircut, and he didn't wiggle or make a peep the whole time.
We went out to a diner for a birthday dinner. The food was great but the service was poor. Andi was quite unruly. She grabbed everything within a 3-foot radius...knives, mashed potatoes, cups, etc. She threw her ranch dressing cup on the floor. The low point was when the clueless waitress plopped a cup of hot coffee down right in front of her, and Andi tipped it over on herself. She screamed (ouch!), I jumped up and ran out the door with her. I'm not sure where I was going, but I was so upset I just ran! She was fine, thank goodness. That could have been really awful. I mentioned to the waitress that she really ought to not do that...duh! Anyway, after we recovered from that drama, we had pie and ice cream to celebrate the big day. Nicholas ate so much he might just burst tonight!
Before bed we watched Chris' pre-recorded birthday message to Mr. Big Three-Year-Old. In the message Chris said, "Be good to Mommy and your little sister" and Nicholas nodded and smiled, as if he was thinking, "Yes, I am!"
No comments:
Post a Comment