Friday, February 11, 2005

First Day of Preschool

Nicholas went to his first day of our home-school preschool today. He was upset about going once he realized that Andi and I wouldn't be there with him, so we talked about what he was afraid of. He said he was afraid that one of the other kids would hurt him. I explained that the other mommies would take care of him and make sure that the other kids would get in trouble if they hurt him. He's got much more of a chance of getting hurt here at home by his own sister! He was fine once we got there, and he seemed to have an okay time, although he was disappointed that he didn't get to paint. When Andi and I left him, she cried and cried, "Bubba! Bubba!". She was so upset to leave him behind, plus I think she wanted to stay, too!

This afternoon we walked/rode over to the mailboxes. Nicholas pedaled his bike almost the whole way! He's so proud of himself...and I'm proud of him, too. He's been really good about not giving up lately, and has been trying pretty hard at a lot of things.

No comments: