I took the kids to the doctor today and the diagnosis was ear infections all the way around. Good thing I asked him to take a precautionary peek in Andi's ears, as she has an infection, too. But besides that, both seem to be feeling better. Emotions are more stable and a sense of humor has returned, thank goodness.
Our neighbor is having her yard re-done, so we kept her dog in our yard today. Piedy barked and barked, hackles up, but Cleo really put him in his place...she pinned him to the ground and he didn't give her any more trouble! Penny kept trying to get her to play but she wouldn't. Cleo seems like a pretty serious dog, except when I looked out the back door and saw her laying on our patio table! This afternoon she escaped--I still don't know how--so I went out front to look for her while the kids ate some yogurt. When I returned 3 minutes later, Andi had gotten out of her chair and smeared yogurt all over the fabric seat of one of our old chairs. Yes, I was a little peeved! She seems hell-bent on destroying our house. I made her help me clean it up, which she probably enjoyed. She is impenetrable! I wish I knew what to do. Meanwhile, Nicholas had wiped his yogurt all over the table in front of himself, too. I think it was the monkey-see, monkey-do effect. I was none too happy with him, either, but at least I feel like he had a little remorse about the whole thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment