It was one of "those" days.
- Andi: Squirmed and rolled over so that I couldn't change her diaper.
- To Andi: Please leave the door open. (Closes it, so I put her in her bed.)
- To both: I'm on the phone. It's time to be quiet, or you'll stand in the corner.
- To Andi: It's time to get dressed. Come here, please. (Runs in other direction. Repeat 8 times.)
- To Nick: Please don't drive your car on my leg while I talk to my friend. (Did it again.)
- To Nick: It's not nice to shut your little sister in the bathroom with the light off. Please apologize to her.
- To Nick: The next time you open the door, you will stand in the corner. (Opens it again)
- To Andi: It's time to go. Sit down in your seat so I can buckle you in. (Screams, hits, tries to bite me)
- Andi: Squirmed and rolled over so that I couldn't change her diaper.
- Andi: Screamed for 15 minutes because she didn't want to take a nap, then fell asleep.
- Nick: Wet the bed during naptime.
- Andi: Screamed and cried because she awoke from her nap grouchy.
- Andi: Fed Piedy crackers.
- Andi: Fed Penny mango.
- Nick: Told me that he was mad at me because I wouldn't immediately fix the tractor toy that he had just broken. Wouldn't try to fix it himself.
- Andi: Squirmed and rolled over so that I couldn't change her diaper.
- To Andi: If you don't sit down and let me buckle you in, you will go to your bed. (Took her to bed.)
- To Andi: Put your legs in the cart. Put your legs in the cart. Put your legs in the cart.
- To Nick: It's time to be quiet. No more questions. Calm down. (Continued to ask questions, then glared at me when I told him to zip it. Took him to the corner in Walgreen's because of attitude.)
To Andi: Do not grab your brother. If you grab him again, I will find a corner for you to stand in. (Grabbed him again, so found a corner in the grocery store. She then tried to bite me.) - To Andi: It's not okay for you to grab Nicholas.
- To Nicholas: It's not okay for you to try to bite Andi. You are the big brother and I need your help to teach Andi that biting is not okay.
- To Andi: It's not okay for you to grab Nicholas. (More screaming ensued. Passersby stared.)
- To Andi: You need to sit down so I can buckle you in. (Screamed at stratospheric octave because she wanted to buckle herself in.)
- Nick: Peed all over the toilet and bathroom floor. Apparently he forgot that he wasn't sitting down? Still not sure what happened.
- To Andi: When you throw food on the floor, it means you're all done with your dinner. (More screaming.)
- To Nick: Do you like your potatoes? / I like them but they don't taste good. / So you're all done. / No! / Are you going to eat your potatoes, then? / No! / Forced him to eat the potatoes and sent both to bed.
- Nick: Actually had the gall to ask me to read him a story. (Answer: No!)
I didn't realize what a challenging day it was until I typed it all out. And it's not even a complete list! Add in 47 "whys", 56 "whats", letting the dogs in and out, in and out, in and out, poop, pee pee, rain, laundry, vacuuming, dusting, toilet cleaning, an uncomfortable bed and a backache , and you'll have a notion of what this day was like. Let's hope tomorrow is a bit more subdued.
3 comments:
Shelly, I can't believe your day. I was exhausted after number 8! Bless you, sweetheart. I feel so badly that I can't be there to take over for even a couple of minutes. You truly are Shelly the Great. I'll try calling you again later tonight. Hugs and kisses,
Mom
Is that what I have to look forward to? Hang in there. I know it's tough, but you're doing a great job! And you're right "a little venting" is always good for you!! Love you!
Shelly, It is apparent that you have the strength of SuperWoman! In the battle of wills, sounds like you WIN! Keep that beautiful chin up and we'll be ready to help in 7 days! Start a list of what you would like to do while you have Grand parents who will be better able to cope because you gave us lessons on what to expect and how to handle these two! Grandma C
Post a Comment