We had another busy day. Our neighbor's kids Emily and Allison stayed with us for an hour or so while their dad went to do some errands. Nicholas was high energy today and it just got higher when Allison came over. She brought a little purse with some markers in it, and she and Nicholas were playing with them at the table just fine. Next thing I know, though, he's on the floor drawing on the carpet saying, "I'm coloring the carpet! I'm coloring the carpet!" It's like his impulse control has gone down the drain this last week. I wonder (and hope) that it just has something to do with the antibiotics he's been taking. Maybe it makes him hyper. Aaargh.
We had wild weather today, with a big windstorm that knocked out our power for about two hours. I find that I get a little panicky when the power goes out, I guess because I start to worry about what I'd do if it didn't come back on anytime soon. It's one thing when it's just yourself that you have to worry about, and a whole other thing when it's little kids that need to be fed, etc. The wind also blew down a section of our fence. Penny had a blast chasing the neighbor's dog around our yard and theirs. Piedy made a beeline for their yard and left his calling card.
We had a wonderful, full rainbow this evening, which we all admired through the window. Nicholas saw it and said, "Can we slide down the rainbow?" Sounds fun to me!
Our nice neighbor Bruce changed the oil in our Jeep, and Nicholas helped. It was very sweet of him to get him involved. Nicholas was thrilled, of course.
Nicholas mentioned today that he's going to learn how to fly airplanes when he goes to preschool. It's so fun to learn what's going on in that head of his.
No comments:
Post a Comment