We started off the day at a playgroup, where Nicholas would not leave my side. Andi finally did, but someone apparently grabbed her face while she was playing in the other room. Poor girl. She's fine, just a little scuffed up.
When we came home, I mowed the yard, fixed lunch, did laundry, cleaned up lunch, worked on tax questions, paid bills, downloaded photos, answered emails and emptied the trash. Then the kids woke up. I hurried them out the door so that I could go to Pilates at the Y, but there were at least two accidents on the freeway, so I missed that class. Since we were down there, I decided to go to Costco for a few things, and ended up buying a mattress topper for our bed, along with $150 worth of other stuff! It's just too easy to spend money there.
My friend Shelly has offered to watch the kids for a weekend so that I can go to the Mom's Club Spring Retreat on the beach up by Vancouver, Canada later this month. It would sure be a great break for me, but I worry about how the kids, especially Nicholas, would do. He was really concerned about where I was this morning at the playgroup, so I don't know how he'd handle a whole weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment