Saturday, April 02, 2005

Day #124

We had a mostly pleasant but busy day today. We checked out a big Boys and Girls Club garage sale, where I found two more books that I'll never have time to read. Then, we went on to a Military Mom's group where the moms get to drink tea and chat while a day care provider watches the kids. It's always a nice break, and the kids enjoy it, too.

This afternoon we had a videoteleconference with Chris. It was a little challenging having a conversation because there was a delay in the audio, but we all had fun just looking at each other! He's doing fine, just working hard.

Nicholas' new word today was "suddenly". He said, "Suddenly the toy fell down!"

My friend Colette and her husband and kids came over for dinner tonight. The kids played like wild animals. Nicholas became very aggressive and totally wound up...he really played rough tonight. He was all red in the face and sweaty. It's pretty amusing to watch him play so rough with Kegan, since he's about twice as big as Nicholas.

At bedtime Nicholas got "stuck" on his water bottle. He and Andi have the exact same bottle, with the exact same water in it, and he kept insisting that Andi had his water and that he wanted to trade. We went around and around about it, I took both waters and mixed them up to make the point that they were exactly the same, and he still insisted that one was his and one was hers. I gave up. Some things just aren't worth fighting about, I guess. I think he was just way overtired, wound up, and therefore completely illogical. Hope he's back to "normal" tomorrow.

No comments: