Sunday, April 17, 2005

Day #139

My friend Judy and I co-hosted a breakfast for our Headquarters Coffee Group at a cute restaurant/chocolatier today. There were about 10 of us that made it, and we all enjoyed Mimosas, Eggs Benedict, truffles and other delicious treats. It was fun to relax and chat with some of the other wives whose husbands are deployed, too.

This afternoon we all geared up for unpredictable weather and headed out for a walk. Nicholas asked if we would be checking the mail, and I told him no, as it's Sunday and the mailman has the day off. He asked why, so I asked him why he thought the mailman gets a day off, and he responded, "So he can make more mail!"

The kids were mostly happy today, at least until bedtime. Andi had a superfit when it was time for her to get in her pajamas. It took both Catherine and I to wrestle her into them. She was completely hysterical. I wish I could avoid the superfits, but sometimes you just can't! She was calm within a few minutes, and just wanted to be held. She said, "I sorry" and patted my hair. Nicholas was so tired (he had no nap today) that he actually told me he was "worn out". I'm sorry to say he learned that phrase from me!

No comments: