Friday, April 29, 2005

Day #151

We had fun helping out at the Mom's Club garage sale, although I spent most of my time chasing Andi up and down the driveway. Nicholas quietly watched Dora videos someone had set up inside. I may not have helped much physically, but I sure did financially! I bought tons of clothes for Andi that'll fit her next year and beyond.

Nicholas told me today that he doesn't want to fly a plane when he grows up because it's scary, but that he does want to build buildings. He said he was going to go do that for a while, then come home and go to kindergarten!

When I was putting the kids down for their naps, Andi patted her babydoll on the back, then said, "Good nap." I realized that I must say "Have a good nap!" to them every day.

Andi did very well with the car seat battle today. I just have to be VERY patient, because she wants to do it all herself, even though she can't yet, and I just want to get going.

Our neighbor Simone and her two kids came over for pizza tonight. Her husband deployed about two weeks ago, so we were able to commisserate. She's really nice and her kids are great. Very polite and pleasant. I wonder if ours will be that way when they're 9 and 8 years old? Nicholas was wound up tonight and hard to keep up with, but overall very happy and silly.

No comments: