I took the kids to the sitter's today for my (hopefully) weekly morning out. Nicholas was excited about going, and even said, "Do we get to stay a long, long time?" (Their sitter Anne has great toys.) The kids did fine at her house, but were so tired when I took them home that one was weird (Nicholas) and the other was mad (Andi). I had a big fight getting Andi into her car seat, then one with Nicholas once we got home (Do you need to go potty?...yes...no, I don't!...yes, I do!...no, I don't!...I'm mad at you, Mama!...etc.), then another with getting Andi into her bed (she kicked me). Thankfully, both were better after their nap. Anyway, it was worth the drama to be able to get out by myself for a few hours. I'd forgotten how much I can accomplish in a few short hours with no kids in tow!
Tonight we went over to my friend Shelly's house for pizza, salad and brownies. Yum. She recently bought new furniture for her little girl, so I'm buying her old crib/toddler bed for Andi and a chest of drawers that both kids can use. Our kids were wound up and wild, but we all had fun anyway.
No comments:
Post a Comment