It was a long day, but finally it's done. Nicholas awoke on the wrong side of the bed, and was wanty and whiny this morning. He pouted his way through two whole hours of Military Mom's group, refusing snacks for himself (and even for his sister), crafts, and anything remotely fun. He was much better after we got home, thank goodness. I was reminded in the group how lucky we are. Several of the wives only get to speak to their husbands about once a week, and are getting news of fellow soldiers being killed. Navy submarine spouses very rarely get to call home. So I'll keep counting my blessings.
I babysat for friend Colette this afternoon, and then another friend's son Robbie came over for about an hour until his mom got home at 5 p.m. Everyone played well together, despite the wide age range (6 months to 9 years).
We made quite a scene today. I gave Nicholas a time-out by a tree on the way home from the mailbox because he purposely ran into Andi with his bike and knocked her down on the sidewalk. He leaned on the tree, crying and screaming and increasing his volume as joggers went by, desperate for help, I suppose!
Andi stood her doll in a dining room chair to feed her, so I told the doll to sit on her bottom. Andi gave me the funniest look, then started to giggle. It sure is nice to have someone here to laugh at my jokes.
No comments:
Post a Comment