Monday, April 18, 2005

We bid a sad farewell to Catherine and Dominick today. Some of us were sad because they were leaving, and and some (Andi) were sad (okay, mad) because they had to be buckled into the car seat. It wasn't the best note upon which to end their trip, but at least she was consistent.

After we left the airport, I took the kids to McDonald's for our usual Filet o' Fish and Chicken McNuggets. I then made a dire mistake...I let them go into the playground area. I swore I'd never do it, but I somehow convinced myself that it wouldn't be so bad. Well, I now know what it's like inside one of those two-story playthings since I had to climb halfway up it to retrieve my stubborn little girl. She was very unhappy about leaving, and even unhappier about the car seat, so there we were...SUPERFIT! I guess it just wouldn't be a normal day without one.

Post-nap activities were much better. The sun was out today, so we played in the back yard, which was good for us all. At bedtime we were talking about the day's events. I told them that soon daddy will fly on an airplane to see us. Andi talked and talked about it: "Up in sky! Daddy fly! Up in air! Come home!" and then, "Daddy sleep bed" and pointed to her own bed. She wants him to sleep in her crib with her! Oh, we all miss him so much.

1 comment:

The Gullett's said...

The Daddy thing broke my heart. Had to stop myself from crying. Those moments are so great, but so difficult.