We went to Military Mom's Time Out this morning and Nicholas did much better this time. Last time he was very upset and resistant about going into the play room, but today he did fine. He said he's worried someone's going to hit him, so I told him that his Dada said it was okay to punch any boys that punched him first, and he was so happy and relieved! I think that really helped make him feel more in control. Hmmm. I never would've guessed. (No one hit him, of course, so he didn't get to try it out!) They both presented me with the Mother's Day cards they made when I came to get them. So sweet!
After that we came home and ate on the deck in the glorious sunshine, talked and read stories before their nap. Tonight we went to an FRG meeting. The kids ran and played with my friend Julie's kid Collin. They all seem to get along well.
Nicholas did something very charming today. He got out his little toy keyboard and said, "I'm going to play the 'Far Far Away' song." He then proceeded to play a little tune for me. I expect he'll want to play it for his Dada on the phone sometime.
When Nicholas awoke this morning, he was very happy to find a soft new plush monkey next to him that Chris sent. He's already named him...Gordon! He came up with that all by himself. I love it! He seems to know that Gordon was Rabbit's friend (Nicholas sent his dearest lovey Rabbit with Chris) and that he came from far far away. I wonder if Chris told him?
No comments:
Post a Comment