Thursday, May 12, 2005

"High Plains Drifter" Takes a Bath

It was an eventful day. We had a playgroup at our house, and even though only 3 friends came, we still managed to have a good time. Nicholas was happy to play with his buddy Kegan. They put out imaginary fires all over the house, and built volcanoes from Lincoln Logs in the bedroom. Both kids were tired from the long day before, and at around 1 o'clock, Andi had had enough. She cried because someone had shut a door in her face, so I picked her up and she said, "Want go bed now...pease! Sleep!" I couldn't believe my ears, both because of the string of words she put together and because she was asking to go to bed!

Later in the evening, as I was giving Nicholas a bath, he said something that I couldn't quite make out, but that sounded like, "I want to give Daddy a booger on a beanpole". I asked him if that's what he said, and the giggling ensued! He laughed for a good 15 minutes, and so did I. I never did figure out what he really said. In the midst of all this good humor, Andi came dashing into the bathroom and threw a video into the bathtub. It happened so fast, there was no saving it. Oh well.

She's been on a path of destruction these last few days, including scattering bird seed over the deck, dog food in the garage, and pea soup on the table. Dog water has been upturned, and closets have been emptied of their contents repeatedly. She definitely keeps me on my toes!

I got a nice break this evening when I went to our monthly Mom's Night Out...dinner at Red Robin's. I ate too much and had a great time chatting with the girls.

No comments: