Sunday, May 01, 2005

Not My Favorite Day

Sigh...

It was a long, difficult day. Andi was in an extremely defiant and ugly mood all day, starting with knocking the lamp off the table 3 times while I was trying to talk to Chris on the phone. It continued at the store when she screamed and hit me because I put a shirt back on the rack, then she later hit Nicholas with a stepstool, and was completed when she bit me soundly on the shoulder. Those are just a few of the highlights!

Sigh...

In the meantime, Nicholas, while not being outwardly defiant, has become increasingly sneaky. I caught him doing naughty things several times today when he didn't think I was looking.

To complicate things further, I babysat for a friend tonight, and her 6-month-old cried for 3 solid hours. I wasn't able to put him down without him screaming, so I carried him around the entire time. At least I got in some weight-bearing exercise.

So, I sent the kids to bed, too worn out for stars, stories, or "great things you did today." I honestly couldn't think of any. Is that wrong?

Let's hope tomorrow is better.

No comments: