Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Today we went to a big plant nursery in a nearby town for a tour with Mom's Club. Nicholas got to plant a flower, which he was very matter-of-fact about. Just wanted to get the job done, I guess. He was high-energy today, starting at 6:30 a.m. when I could hear him playing with his big airplane in his room. Luckily, he got to wear off some of that energy at the McDonald's Playland after the nursery.

Andi couldn't destroy her lunch fast enough, it seemed! Ranch dressing was dumped, juice was squirted, and french fries became airborne. Wild child!

Nicholas has asked Andi several times today if she'd like to play with him. I can't quite believe my ears! Could this be the beginning of a more peaceful era? I'd better not get too excited...

Tonight Nicholas and I have been playing "Special Cars and Cash Register", where we ring up cars and he pays with a pretend credit card. He gets a big kick out of it. Andi got into the pens via the stepstool and wrote all over one of my countertops with a Sharpie. Aaaargh! Luckily, it came right off with a little bleach water and a scrubber. Lucky! She sure is tough to keep up with.

I put up our slide outside the other day, and they've both been enjoying it. Andi is nervous about going down forward-facing, unless I'm holding her hand. She likes to go down it on her tummy. Nicholas tried going down it head-first tonight...and got a mouth-full of grass! He thought that was pretty funny.

No comments: