Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Berry Picking/Eating

My day started out nicely when at breakfast Nicholas told me, "Thank you for this lovely jam."

Today we met some friends at a U-Pick field for strawberry picking. I picked, the kids ate! I discovered that a clean white shirt is not the best apparel for berry picking, but that a red one is. We all got good and dirty, then stopped at McDonald's on our way to a nearby park. There were some mean kids there...throwing dirt, spitting, talking back, etc. Nicholas was upset by them, but he stood up to them. He pointed at them, gave them the frowning of a lifetime, and said in his biggest, deepest voice, "That's not okay!" It's great to see him so tough. Tonight I told him how brave I thought he was, and I could physically see him feel proud of himself. It was a great sight!

No comments: