Today we had Andi's 2-year check up, which went about like I expected. She was marginally cooperative. She didn't allow us to weigh or measure her, but she didn't mind having her ears tested. She screamed and cried when the doctor listened to her heart (I can't imagine how he could hear anything but her wails), but opened wide when he wanted to see inside her mouth. The doctor said she was very healthy, strong, and quite a typical two-year-old. She had to get her toe poked to test her iron levels, which was very traumatic, as was the shot she got. It was traumatic for Nicholas, too! He got very upset for her, which I thought was sweet. Don't tell anyone, but I think he secretly loves his little sister.
Tonight I met three other friends whose husbands are out of town and their kids for dinner at a hole-in-the-wall called Tiny's Burgers. We must have been quite a spectacle...four moms and eight kids under age 4! Good burgers, by the way. Afterwards, we took our now-routine walk around the neighborhood, and I doled out cookies along the way to keep all the kids happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment