Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Good Kids

Today I took Nicholas to get his hair cut. He was sooo good. He just sat there like a grown-up, and for a long time, too. The stylist was pretty slow, but she also did a very good job. His hair looks great. Andi was really good the whole time, too. She sat in the chair next to him with her monkey and just watched him get his trim. She wanted a turn, too, so she got her bangs cut. She was very still during her trim, too. It was amazing!

We had a good grocery-shopping experience today, too. No fighting, yelling, throwing items, etc. Each got a cookie for good behavior.

Tonight we took our walk. I had just washed the dogs outside, so they got to dry off during the walk. They were both high-energy, though, so I really had to hang on tight tonight! During our walk Nicholas and I began talking about age. He said he didn't want to be young, but that he wanted to be "Three and zero" years old! I told him that's about how old his daddy is, and he said that's what he wanted to be. I think he just wants to be like Chris.

This morning I was trying to put some things back into the fridge when I dropped the carton of eggs, which of course broke all over the floor. Everyone came to my rescue...the dogs came to lick it all up, Nicholas ran in and said, "What happened?", and Andi came over and gave me a hug and told me, "Is okay, Mommy." I felt like everything really was going to be okay!

No comments: