Friday, July 29, 2005

Scene at Odyssey 1

We went to a huge indoor playground (Odyssey 1) today, which was super cool. Andi had such fun...she jumped in the ball pit, climbed on everything and really got lost in the labyrinth of play equipment. Nicholas had a good time, too, mostly spending his time on some little cars they had. We ate pizza, and I even let the kids try root beer (Nicholas liked it, Andi did not). We were having such fun. That is, until it was time to leave. I gave at least 5 warnings that it was time to go but it just didn't matter. It was double tantrum time...one screaming in my arms and one yelling, "I'm mad at you!" as we walked out the door. I wondered out loud why I would take such spoiled little children anywhere with me...I was so angry! And embarrassed, and ashamed, and annoyed, and chagrined (that I had created the aforementioned spoiled little people by taking them to do so many wonderful things). So, after a nap for them and some cooling off for me, we talked about the situation and Nicholas assured me that it wouldn't happen again. Hmmm. We'll see!

Tonight we went to Priest Point Park, which was really pleasant. Pegan and her kids joined us for fried chicken, watermelon, and other goodies. The playground there is perfect...shaded by ancient pines, not too scary for younger kids, with a big grassy area to run. When it was time to leave, my little ones marched right over to the car, no fussing. I guess they were listening earlier today!

Andi had a rough time tonight. She couldn't keep it together...she was hysterical after a while, due to exhaustion, I think. Everything was making her upset, from not getting to wash her own hair to Nicholas giving her a cup of milk. Let's hope she gets a good rest and is better tomorrow.

No comments: