Whew! The Tall Ships Festival was exhausting! My friends Mandee and Colette and their kids joined us. It was not a kid-friendly place, unfortunately, but the little ones were real troopers. We waited in a security check line for an hour, and there weren't enough picnic tables, and the "Kid Zone" was lame. Oh well. We made the best of it, plus we got to complain to a reporter that came to ask us what we thought. The kids seemed to have a great time, especially on the city bus that shuttled us to the event. The highlight of my day was the chocolate Krispy Kreme donut that I devoured at the end of the day!
Andi made a new friend today...Mandee's little girl Alexus, who's just a month older. They were sooo cute together, two little girls in pigtails, hugging on each other all the time! Nicholas and Kegan held hands all day and got along really well, as usual.
When we got home I just plopped my things down in the garage while I started dinner, etc. Andi was roaming around the garage and yard, and when I went to check on her, I stepped in on a tragic scene. Andi was holding the box of remaining Krispy Kreme donuts out in front of her...and Piedy was gulping them down as fast as he could. He polished off 5 total, including my favorite, lemon-filled. What a tragedy! Needless to say, Piedy was extremely hyper and silly the rest of the evening. I guess it turned out to be a pretty good day for him! Andi is certainly his favorite member of the household.
No comments:
Post a Comment