Well, we finally made it over to the U-Pick blueberry farm today, after spending a little while at a nearby park so Nicholas could practice his roller skating and Andi could push her Baby Snappy around in her little stroller.
I packed a lunch and everything else I thought we'd need (which is a considerable amount of stuff!) and we headed down one of the rows at the farm in search of the perfect berries. We found them way in the back, in a nice shady area, so I picked while the kids ate their lunch.
Nicholas had the very important job of quality control officer. His job was to randomly sample the berries to make sure they were up to snuff. Evidently he took this job very seriously, because he sampled copious amounts. Ha ha. Andi, on the other hand, didn't eat a single blueberry! She just doesn't like 'em. Oh well, more for Nick and me.
At one point, I noticed Andi was picking something, so I took a look in her bucket to see how much she'd gotten and it was full of yellow dandelion flowers. No blueberries!
After berry picking, I went through the Taco Time drive-thru for my lunch, which included tater tots. I left it in the car while I put a sleeping Andi in her bed, and Piedy sneaked into the car while I wasn't looking. Evidently Piedy's determined to keep me from eating anything unhealthy (remember the Krispy Kreme Incident?), because when I returned to the car to retrieve my lunch, he was inhaling the last tater tot. Just as well, I guess!
No comments:
Post a Comment