Monday, August 15, 2005

Dog Days of Summer, I Guess

This morning we all (dogs included) headed over to my friend Jennifer's house for a doggie/kid playgroup. Jennifer has offered to watch Piedy and Penny while we're in California next month, so we wanted to give the dogs a trial run. She has two labradors and several chickens. Penny was, of course, more interested in the chickens than the other dogs. Happily, everyone got along just fine, so it should be a great place for them to stay while we're away. That's one weight off my mind...now for the rest!

The kids all got along well, too, except that Andi took a bite of Jennifer's son's arm. Sure do hope she stops this awful habit soon. I know she's not the only kid that ever bit anyone, but it will be so nice when she finds a more pleasant way of expressing herself.

Andi splashed around in the pool with Jennifer's kids Logan and Emma while Nicholas sat around in a big toy Jeep, waiting for someone to push him. Oh well. I think he still had fun, though.

We had our first swim lesson tonight, which was a lot of fun. Nicholas was so brave! Half of the kids in the class didn't even get in the water, but Nicholas jumped right into my arms, kicked around, blew bubbles, and even started to paddle. He had a blast and was sad when it ended. I think he's really tired tonight...it was a big day.

We had an early morning "bad guy" incident...he yelled out for me, waking Andi, and said there was something behind his door. Turns out it was...shoes! Aaaaaaaa! Scary! Anyway, the whole bad guy thing is really big in his mind right now. Tonight before bed we were talking about what we would do if there was a bad guy in the house. I told him the dogs would bark at him, I would whack him with the big flashlight, then hit him in the butt with a big book. Nicholas told me his little panda bear had a light saber that he'd use to protect us, and that he'd hit the bad guy with his big C-130 airplane toy. Then Andi chimed in with, "I put mouth on bad guy...I bite him!" Well, now we all feel safe!

No comments: