We've been missing our evening walks lately, due to swimming and other circumstances. Tonight, I got everyone all situated for a good stroll (kids went potty, got Andi dressed, got Nicholas changed into warmer clothes, poured bowls of popcorn for snacks, got the dogs on their leashes, got my shoes on, locked up the house, got cups of milk for the kids, put Andi in the corner for opening the garage door...not the first time...made sure I had a sweatshirt, got the dogs untangled, got the kids buckled in), made it to the end of the driveway and realized I had a flat tire on my stroller! So, we went over to our neighbor Bruce's, begging for some help. We never did get our walk. I'll have to pick up a new inner tube at the store tomorrow. Oh well. Meanwhile, I had put the dogs in the house, and I left Penny's collar on. Somehow and for some reason, she chewed right through it, so I guess I'll be buying one of those, too!
The rest of our day was fine, although tiring for me. I watched my friend Colette's kids this morning. They were fine, but our kids got in trouble a few times. Nicholas tried to push his sister and Kegan off of the swingset platform, and Andi pushed over the baby and dumped out Kegan's bug collection. Both were pretty excited and wound up when naptime rolled around, but they both zonked out quickly. Post-nap was much better!
No comments:
Post a Comment