Thursday, September 29, 2005

Back to the Grindstone

I sure did get spoiled on my month of vacation. I had really gotten used to the help from my mom, dad, grandma, uncle, etc. Hopefully I'll get back into the swing of it soon!

We had a smooth trip back, except for some "I've been in my car seat far too long to behave myself" issues on the first night. Some highlights from that evening: a bed-to-bed jumping festival in the hotel room which sadly ended in two heads colliding, a run-in with a blackberry bush, a jump off the curb and into a 4-lane road (Nicholas), an exploding half-and-half container in the restaurant (Andi bit into the container, dousing my mom and the nice lady in the next booth with cream), a bitten ankle (Andi bit Nicholas, of course), and a badly bitten tongue due to more monkeys jumping on the bed and falling on the floor (ouch...poor Nick). The kids really did great, though, all things considered. That's a long trip for anyone, and they were really troopers.

We took my mom to the airport today, which is always sad. We'll sure miss her and all the help she gives us when she's around. We all wish that we lived nearby. Maybe someday...

One last thing: Nicholas concluded the evening on a funny note by asking me, "Do my eyes have bones?" Eyebones...how cute.

No comments: