Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Proud Mommy

My little man did so well today on his first day of school. We took his friend Logan, who's also in his class, to school today, and I think that helped a lot. It's always great to have a buddy when you're doing something new. Logan showed Nicholas where to put his coat and backpack, where to sit for circle time, and how to sit "criss-cross applesauce". Andi stayed with Logan's mom Jennifer and her 2-year-old Emma while the boys were in school, which worked out beautifully. The girls weren't upset at all that their brothers got to go to school and they didn't. Nicholas asked Andi when she gets to go to school, and she said, "I go when I free (three)!" I'm so glad she gets it!

I stayed in Nicholas' class for awhile, and it was so fun to watch him with the other kids. Once he learns the routine and the rules (stay on your carpet square, don't interrupt, etc.), he'll do so well. He's confident, not shy, and willing to participate. He really gets into it with his usual enthusiasm. I'm gushing, I know...but I'm so proud of him!

When Andi and Nicholas reunited after class, they hugged and hugged each other. I almost cried it was so cute and sweet! As we were leaving, he said, "This is a safe place." What better thing could a mom hear?

No comments: