Well, my sweetie's finally home! He arrived at about midnight, and after our initial hug, he got down on one knee and asked if I'd marry him again! How romantic... He had sneakily managed to buy me a ring that I've been admiring for months and had it delivered to a coworker, who passed it off to him last night. What a wonderful surprise. I love, love, love the ring...it's white and yellow gold and has our wedding date engraved in roman numerals all the way around it. Beautiful!
We stayed up late talking and snacking, and staring at each other in disbelief! Chris sneaked in to tuck Nicholas' rabbit back into his sleeping arms (the same rabbit that Nicholas sent with his daddy to keep him company while he was gone), and he woke up and gave Chris the brightest, sweetest smile. "Daddy! Rabbit!" he exclaimed, then went back to sleep!
Today we just played and enjoyed each others' company. We only left the house to eat out for lunch. It's just so nice to have him back...his presence makes us all so happy.
1 comment:
I am so happy for all of you. Enjoy your family time.
Shannon
Post a Comment