Saturday, November 12, 2005

Oregon Children's Museum

Today the kids and I packed up and drove to see my friend Shannon down in Vancouver, WA. After we picked her up, we stopped for lunch at Red Robin, then spent the afternoon at the Children's Museum. It was a terrific way to spend a rainy day. We all enjoyed the exhibits, including the kid-size supermarket, the water play area, the music room, and especially the digging pit. Thanks to Aunt Shannon for suggesting we come down for a visit, and also for helping me chase two very excited kids today!

Nicholas said something funny this evening on the way home from the museum. He's been aching to have a particular toy tractor that he saw in a catalog, so I told him that he could save up his money to buy it. He was excited by that idea, and the thought hasn't left his mind in days. In the car tonight he said, "I wish we had hundreds of monies. Like a lot. Like cash. Hundreds of cash." Cash? Good grief!

No comments: