Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Retail Therapy for Mommy

The kids spent the morning at the sitter's house, and left with a great report card today. She said they were both good listeners and lots of fun. That's so good to hear, especially after a few not-so-good reports lately. Nicholas was so proud of himself, as was I.

In the meantime, I treated myself to a morning of shopping at two of my favorite stores: Marshall's and Trader Joe's. I found lots of cute and delicious things. Nothing like a little retail therapy to perk up a tired mom.

Just something I've been thinking about: Of all the kids' toys, we each have our personal favorites. Andi's is probably puzzles, Nicholas' is most likely his train set, and mine is without a doubt the costume box. It never fails to tickle me when they appear before me in some new combination of hats, glasses, and other accessories. Dressing up in crazy outfits is to me what being a kid is all about, and I'm so thankful for their creative ensembles.

No comments: