Today was a special day...we drove all the way to Elbe, WA, near Mt. Rainier to take a ride on a steam train, The Snowball Express. It was a gorgeous, clear, cold day, so views of Mt. Rainier were picture-perfect (although my feet were freezing!). The kids enjoyed it, especially the train whistle and the visit from Mr. Claus. They each got candy canes and a little toy from Santa and his helpers. Nicholas, in a panic, told Santa that he wants a green excavator for Christmas. And evidently Andi has gotten past her fear of Santas that she suffered from last year!
Last night we had dinner with some friends (steak!). On the way home we were telling the kids how well-behaved they were, and how cute I thought it was when Nicholas said, "Thanks for having us" when we left. I told him he was so cute that I might just eat him up. He responded, rather surprised, "No! My bones won't taste good...they're made of cement!"
No comments:
Post a Comment