A few days ago I took Nicholas in for his annual check-up. He is a small guy: 39.5 inches tall and 33 pounds but also quite healthy. When Dr. Hautala came in, Nicholas promtply called him Dr. Phil (oops...ha ha). He was very interested in all the equipment, which our kind doctor let him play with while he did his exam. I so wish I'd had my camera, because at one point Andi climbed up next to Nicholas on the examining room table and used the doctor's stethoscope on Nicholas. It was a sweet moment. Later, Nicholas examined Rabbit's eyes (he came along for moral support) with the light and listened to his heart.
It all went downhill when the shots came out, with me struggling to hold him on my lap while he fought and screamed. But just 5 minutes later all pain and humiliation were (mostly) forgotten, with the help of the friendly nurses, some stickers and a really cool band-aid. Glad that's behind us! No more shots for 6 years! We discussed diseases and medicine all the way home.
No comments:
Post a Comment