Soccer has started, much to Nicholas' joy. He loves it. Can't get enough. In fact, after running around for a solid hour at the game, he came home and ran around out front with the ball for the rest of the evening! If I could just figure out how to bottle that energy, I'd be a millionaire.
Nicholas' team is brand new, and have only practiced together once (which we missed due to Strep Throat Part II), so they've got some work ahead of them. The other team, who have been playing since last September, beat them soundly (I stopped counting after 10 goals), but the blue team didn't mind at all. I don't even think they noticed! Nicholas got in a few good kicks, including one from the sidelines when he wasn't supposed to be playing. He took one hard fall, but was able to stave off the tears until there was a time out, at which point he came running to mom. I think 4 of the 6 kids on his team were in tears at some point in the game; they're all still pretty little, even though they think they're big!
No comments:
Post a Comment