Saturday, May 31, 2008

T-Ball

Nick has been playing t-ball this past month or so, which has certainly been amusing. There are 13 kids on his team, and when they're in the outfield and a ball comes their way, a small herd forms and stampedes its way over to the ball. They haven't quite gotten the concept of teamwork yet, so there's usually a scuffle over who gets the ball. I'll have to take my video camera next time.

Our boy Nick is a pretty good hit; he prefers not to use the tee and usually hits the coach-pitched ball on the third or fourth try. He tries hard and only goofs off a little bit while waiting for his turn to hit. He's so confident, too. I overheard him bragging to an older neighbor kid that he was the best hitter on his team! I do love how little kids think they're the best at everything--I know that confidence probably won't last forever.

No comments: