Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Fourth of July

The 4th is a fun time in our little town of Centerville. The kids got to decorate their bikes for the Children's Parade on the 3rd, which is fun for them, but nerve-wracking for me. At least I remembered to wear closed-toed shoes this year, sparing my feet from the hundreds of haphazardly-driven wheels all around! We managed to stay together until about half way, at which point we lost Andi in a moment of confusion--she took off looking for her friend Imogen (who turned out to be behind us), and we didn't see her again until the end. Upsetting as this was (my one rule was STAY TOGETHER), I was so relieved when we found her again in the arms of a kind fellow mom.

The next day the kids and I headed over to Main Street for the annual parade. We all enjoyed ourselves, and especially loved watching a clown mount a 10-foot tall unicycle, the marching bands, F-16s flying over, and the candy!


Imogen, Andi, Nick, and Vonnegut ready to roll
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Britt said...

How fun! When did Andi get off her training wheels?