Thursday, April 07, 2005

A Day with Grandma and PaPa

Today we drove up to see Kathie and Gene, the wonderful people that Nicholas lived with until we brought him home to be with us. We always have such a good time when we visit them. There's so much for the kids to do there, from trucks and cars to babydolls and bottles. We talked and talked while the kids played, and also enjoyed a delicious lunch.

Andi was so tired after lunch that she had a huge tantrum when I changed her diaper, complete with kicking, screaming, hitting, etc. She even grabbed onto my leg and wouldn't let go when I tried to walk away! I rocked her in the rocking chair and she soon fell asleep in my arms. She was just too pooped, and she's got the sniffles today so she wasn't feeling her best. She was much happier after she slept for awhile. She stayed awake in the car on the drive home until we were just a few blocks from the house, then she conked out again for another half an hour.

P.S. Just for fun, on the drive up to see Kathie and Gene, I counted how many questions Nicholas asked. The drive took about 60 minutes, and Nicholas asked 60 questions, not including repeats! A question a minute. Whew.

No comments: